Eighteen academic credits plus successful completion of mandatory 7 semesters of physical education courses are required. Classes meet for 18 weeks and earn 1/2 credit per semester. Specific credit requirements for CHSD 230 include:
|Areas of Study||Required Credit|
|Social Studies Elective||0.5|
|Art, World Languages, Music, Business, Applied Tech or Family & Consumer Science||1|
|Physical Education (7 semesters)||3.5|
|Constitution Exam (part of required American Govenment course)||MUST PASS|
|Writing Intensive Course||2|
|Service Learning||24 hours|
- The Consumer Education requirement may be fulfilled by completing Consumer Economics, General Business, Economics, AP Micro, or AP Macro.
- A passing grade in American Government indicates successful completion of the Constitution requirement.
- Two courses must be approved as ‘Writing Intensive Courses” – one must be an English course and one may be provided as part of an approved course – this does not increase the number of required courses.
- The Service Learning requirement allows students the opportunity to enrich and extend their learning through recognition of the needs of their schools and communities.
- English and Math courses are sequential and each is designed as a prerequisite for the next course in the sequence. Students failing a course in Math or English MUST REPEAT the course successfully before continuing in the sequence. Summer School is the best option to make up these types of deficiencies.